Monday, August 6, 2018

Family Reunion Trip, Day 66

Day 66 on RT 66!
We left Santa Rosa, NM and headed east to our next stop, Palo Duro Canyon State Park, TX. Just south of Amarillo, TX.
On the way we saw this in Tucumcari, NM. We thought it was interesting so here's a pic.
Downtown Tucumcari we found this.
Farther down RT 66 we stopped at the Midway Cafe in Adrian, NM. This is the official halfway point on RT 66.
We had a nice lunch at the cafe. Cath had a BLT, but I opted for a fried bologna sandwich, with all the trimmings! I haven't had one of those since I was a kid!
We saw this restored old gas station In San Jon, NM.
 ,Another view.
Went through a time zone at the Texas border and arrived at our new campground around 1500. Here's a pic of the new campsite. The canyon is beautiful, I'll post pics tomorrow.
We do not have cell or WiFi at the campsite, and have to drive a few miles to get it. I'll catch up on the blog when I can. All is good with the Boss camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment